4th Annual Wellington Idol
Semifinals & Finals, March 27th & 28th at 7:30 pm - Click Here
Eligibility and Requirements
- Open to Individual Singers
- All performers must be at least 8 years old by March 1, 2015
- No dangerous items involved in the act.
- All performers must reside in Wellington or go to a Wellington school.
- All performers must be nonprofessional. You may not generate more than 25% of your wages from performing.
- All previous grand prize winners from Wellington Idol or Wellington Talent Search are ineligible.
- Division 1: 8 – 12 (by March 1, 2015)
- Division 2: 13 – 17 (by March 1, 2015)
- Division 3: 18 & older (by March 1, 2015)
- Once your entry is received it will be reviewed by a selection committee. Approximately 48 to 60 entries will be selected for the live audition.
- All contestants are required to check in 45 minutes prior to their audition start time and prepare to wait until called. Failure to check in prior to your call could result in disqualification.
- If your entry is selected you will be contacted no later than March 9, 2015.
- Individuals selected for live auditions will perform before a live audience and 3 judges.
- Contestants competing in the Live Auditions will be required to attend a mandatory Meeting before the live auditions. The meeting is scheduled for March 11, 2015 at 6:30 p.m., at the Wellington Community Center.
- Contestants competing in the Semifinals will be required to attend a mandatory meeting after the live auditions. The meeting is scheduled for March 23, 2015 at 6:30 p.m., at the Wellington Community Center.
- Finalists will appear on stage at the Wellington Amphitheater on Saturday, March 28, 7:30 PM
- Contestants competing in the Finals will be required to attend a mandatory meeting after the live audition date. The meeting is scheduled for March 23, 2015 at 6:30 p.m., at the Wellington Community Center.
- Finalists will have their picture posted on the Wellington website and their final performance will be aired on Channel 18.
Dates & Times
Live Auditions for selected applicants will be held at:
The Wellington Amphitheater
12100 Forest Hill Boulevard
Friday, March 20 & Saturday, March 21
Friday, March 27
Saturday, March 28
- Performance must be totally self-contained.
- A sound system will be provided by the Wellington Amphitheater for the performance. You must bring an instrumental CD clearly labeled with your name, age, and song name.
- Time limit for live performance will be 4 minutes.
- Props are permissible; however the placement of props must be completed within 2 minutes. All props must be clear from the stage immediately following the performance. No littering of the stage allowed.
- No coaching is allowed during the live performance.
Judging the performances is as follows:
- Top 48-60 = A panel of judges
- Top 24-30 = Celebrity judges (a 3 judge panel)
- Top 12-15 = Celebrity judges, live
- Tie = Additional performance; judges vote
The decision of the judges is final in all matters.
Cash prizes will be awarded to the grand prize winner and (3) runners up. The winners will be featured at the Wellington Amphitheater. The Grand Prize Award will be selected from all age groups. The winners are responsible for paying all taxes on prizes.
Grand Prize Award $ 500.00
Runners-up (one from each Age Division) $ 250.00
If the winner is disqualified for any reason, Wellington reserves the right to award the prize to the second-place contestant at its sole discretion.
Participants may register through March 5, 2015, in person at:
Wellington Community Center
12150 Forest Hill Boulevard, Wellington, FL 33414
Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
What to Bring
- Application Form (one per Individual)
- Waiver of Liability (18 and over)
- Waiver of Liability and Parental Consent (for Minors)
- Non-Refundable Application Fee of $25 (checks can be made payable to "Village of Wellington")
- Headshot (4" x 6" minimum) and short, 2-3 sentence biography (to be used for Finals program)
- Proof of Birth Date (Photo ID, Birth Certificate, etc.)
- A link to a YouTube video of your performance or
- A CD or DVD of your performance. Lip synching will not be accepted!*
IMPORTANT NOTE: Lyrics, costumes and performances must be appropriate for all audiences.
Cultural Programs and Facilities Manager