3rd Annual Wellington Idol
CLICK HERE to view the 2014 EVENT PROGRAM
Eligibility and Requirements
- All performers must be at least 8 years old by February 1, 2014.
- No dangerous items involved in the act.
- All performers must reside in Wellington or go to a Wellington school.
- All performers must be nonprofessional. You may not generate more than 25% of your wages from performing.
- All previous grand prize winners from Wellington Idol or Wellington Talent Search are ineligible.
- Division 1: 8 – 12 (by February 1, 2014)
- Division 2: 13 – 17 (by February 1, 2014)
- Division 3: 18 & older (by February 1, 2014)
- Individual Singers
Once your entry is received it will be reviewed by a selection committee. Approximately 48 to 60 entries will be selected for the live audition. If your entry is selected you will be contacted no later than February 10, 2014. Participants selected for live auditions will perform before a live audience and 3 judges.
Dates & Times
Live Auditions for selected applicants will be held at:
The Wellington Amphitheater
12100 Forest Hill Boulevard
|Live Auditions||February 28 & March 1||7:30 PM|
|Semifinals||March 7||7:30 PM|
|Finals||March 8||7:30 PM|
- Performance must be totally self-contained.
- A sound system will be provided by the Wellington Amphitheater for the performance. You must bring an instrumental CD clearly labeled with your name, age, and song name.
- Time limit for live performance will be 3 minutes.
- Props are permissible; however the placement of props must be completed within 2 minutes. All props must be clear from the stage immediately following the performance. No littering of the stage allowed.
- No coaching is allowed during the live performance.
- Performances will be judged by a three judge panel.
- Contestants competing in the live auditions will be required to attend a mandatory meeting before the scheduled live auditions. Meeting date is February 17, 2014 at 6:30 PM, at the Wellington Community Center.
- All contestants are required to check in 45 minutes prior to their audition start time and prepare to wait until called. Failure to check in prior to your call could result in disqualification.
- Contestants competing in the semifinals will be required to attend a mandatory meeting after the live audition date. Meeting date is March 3, 2014 at 6:30 PM, at the Wellington Community Center.
- Finalists will have their picture posted on the Wellington website. Their final performance will be aired on Channel 18.
- Finalists will perform at the Amphitheater for a live audience on March 8, 2014.
- The decision of the judges is final in all matters.
Cash prizes will be awarded to the grand prize winner and (3) runners up. The winners will be featured at the Wellington Amphitheater and posted on Wellington's website. The Grand Prize winner will be selected from all age groups. Winners are responsible for paying all taxes on prizes.
Runners-up (one from each Division) $ 250.00
Participants may register through January 30, 2014 in person at the:
Wellington Community Center
12150 Forest Hill Boulevard, Wellington 33414
Monday through Thursday 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
What to Bring
- Application Form (one per Individual)
- Waiver of Liability (18 and over)
- Waiver of Liability and Parental Consent (for Minors)
- Non-Refundable Application Fee of $25 check made payable to "Village of Wellington"
- Headshot and short biography (to be used for Finals program)
- Proof of Birth Date (Photo ID, Birth Certificate, etc.)
- A link to a YouTube video of your performance or
- A CD or DVD of your performance. Lip synching will not be accepted!*
IMPORTANT NOTE: Lyrics, costumes and performances must be appropriate for all audiences.
Cultural Programs and Facilities Manager