Submission Deadline: 5:00 p.m. October 9, 2014.
Wellington is now beginning its 10th year of the Susan P. Bradford Art in Public Places Program. Artists are invited to submit an application to loan or donate artwork for a six month display in Wellington facilities and public places. All artwork should be freestanding or in display form (framed or mounted). All forms of media will be considered for review.
The competition is open to all artists who reside in the United States. All local artists are highly encouraged to participate.
- Participant must complete a Public Art On-Loan/Donation Application.
- Artwork shall reflect a broad variety of styles and support community interests such as our emphasis on children, families, seniors, and equestrian interests.
- Artwork shall have aesthetic and technical merit and shall be appropriate for the site or sites in Wellington.
- Non-Discrimination Clause: The Public Art Program shall not discriminate against any artists on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, disability, age, gender, Vietnam Era or disabled veteran status, sexual orientation or medical condition.
- The Public Arts Advisory Panel shall have the right to reject any proposal and need not specify a reason for rejection. The Wellington Council shall have the same right.
Please include the following with the application:
- One 8 X 10 photograph of the artwork
- Artist’s curriculum vitae (CV)
- A description and size of the proposed artwork
- Certificate of value for the art piece
- A paragraph explaining the artwork.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS:
Please address submissions to:
Village of Wellington
Attn: Michelle Garvey
Parks & Recreation Department
12150 Forest Hill Blvd
Wellington, FL 33414
Wellington’s Public Art Advisory Panel will review each application and provide a recommendation to the Wellington Council. The Wellington Council will then approve or deny the application.
All finalists will be notified via postal mail; please do not contact the Department by phone for decision status.
If you have questions please contact:
Michelle Garvey, Community Programs Manager
Wellington Parks & Recreation Department
Phone: (561) 791-4082/ Fax: (561) 904-5883
For information about other Wellington programs, events, activities, and updates, please visit www.wellingtonfl.gov or watch Channel 18 for the latest happenings.